Friday, February 5, 2010

As I have been reading through the book of Matthew, the thing that I am learning is how much Jesus desires a heart of faith. On example (Matt. 9:27-31), comes when Jesus was going to heal two blind men. He asks them, "Do you believe that I am able to do this?" They respond, "yes Lord." Jesus healed them as he says, "According to your faith be it done to you."

I wonder, what are there areas in my life that Jesus would ask "Do you believe I am able to do this?"

Further on (Matthew 16: 7-11), the disciples "began discussing it among themselves, saying, 'we brought no bread.'" Jesus who was fully aware of this responds saying, "O you of little faith, why are you discussing among yourselves the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive? Do you not remember that the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? OR the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many baskets you gathered?

I wonder, what are the areas in my that I am forgetting Jesus' faithfulness and the ways he has already provided over and over again in my life?

As I consider where God is going to take me, where he is going to lead me once I graduate, the two pieces of scripture (truth) I cling to are:

1. God desires a heart of faith.
2. God has been faithful even if we forget the ways in which he has been.

God I trust that you can lead. Forgive me the times I forget that you've been providing all along...

2 comments:

Britt Davis said...

Thanks for sharing this Elise. Growing my faith is also something that has been on my heart a lot lately. I really enjoy the scriptures you quoted. It encourages me to keep working on my faith and also tells me I need to spend some more time studying and/or praying.

being found said...

thanks! glad you enjoyed it Britt...there's no better way to spend time than in the word. it's so life giving.