Saturday, April 30, 2011

Change

I am excited about some change that will be happening very soon in my life, I am moving back to Seattle. There, I said it...wow to make it official, I am moving May 20th to the great city of Seattle WA. I have been offered a great job opportunity with the company that I currently work for and will simply be making a within company transfer. I have seen the Lord's hand in providing housing and working out the details of the moving over 2,000 miles again! He has answered my prayer to be able to live back in the city that I love so much.


However, with this transition and change I am recognizing the overwhelming reality of change and the dependence I will need from him to make this transition well. I recognize that the position of need is a great place to rest because then our dependency in the Lord is heightened. It is such a blessing to realize that self-sufficiency is not adequate and that the Lord is the only one that can truly sustain us. I am reminded of the passage in 2 Corinthinans 12:9 "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."







It is a bitter-sweet move, but I am excited to see the Lord continue to work and move in the transition.


No comments: